Established in 1998, Sunshine Coast Haematology and Oncology Clinic, was the first free-standing day hospital in Queensland, specifically designed for patients with haematology (blood) and oncology (cancer) conditions.
Today, our clinic is a leading provider of cancer care services on the Sunshine Coast and is led by an experienced and reputable team of Medical Oncologists, Clinical Haematologists & Palliative Care Doctors who have a compassionate, multidisciplinary approach to patient care.
Cancer Care Services
Our integrated cancer care clinic offers a range of specialist services for patients, their loved ones and their support network including:
- Day infusion unit that provides all cancer therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, blood transfusions, iron infusions & venesections
- Dedicated team of Medical Oncologists, Clinical Haematologists & Palliative Care Doctors
- Allied Health including Clinical Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Oncology Massage Therapy & Dietetics
- Cold Cap Therapy to prevent/minimise hair loss caused by certain chemotherapy treatments
- Onsite McGrath Breast Care Nurse
- Clinical Trials in collaboration with the University of the Sunshine Coast
- Radiation Oncology through GenesisCare
At Sunshine Coast Haematology and Oncology Clinic, our Medical Specialists and Allied Health Team collaborate and communicate with one another to address as many aspects of each patient’s care as possible. This unified, multidisciplinary approach is recognised in medical literature as the gold standard in cancer care management across the world.
Our multidisciplinary approach enables our clinic to provide the very best in patient care and ensures we remain flexible and accommodating of our patients’ individual journeys, especially as their condition, needs and circumstances may change over time.
Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care is built on the values of:
- Collaboration, communication and effective coordination of patient care
- Transparency and privacy
- Respect and trust
These values are embedded in our robust quality management system – a comprehensive set of policies, procedures, systems and protocols dedicated to our patient’s safety and quality, and necessary for our multidisciplinary team approach to be highly effective.
Patients Near and Far
Our Clinic is a warm, welcoming and comfortable setting with scenic surrounds for patients to enjoy whilst they undergo treatment. We welcome not only residents from the Sunshine Coast and surrounding areas, but also people who are holidaying in the region. In the past we have been humbled to care for interstate and overseas visitors, allowing them to continue their treatment while visiting the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Haematology and Oncology Clinic is licensed with Queensland Health as a day-hospital facility and is proudly accredited by Global Mark to meet the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards in:
- Clinical Governance
- Partnering with Consumers
- Preventing and Controlling Infections
- Medication Safety
- Comprehensive Care
- Communicating for Safety
- Blood Management
- Recognising and responding to acute deterioration